• loathesome𝕏dongeater@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

There is literally a phone call recording of Victoria Nuland picking the next PM (who does become the PM) but debatebros are like “umm actually sweaty euromaidan was not a coup because it lasted three months which is in direct contradiction of the merriam-webster definition of the word ‘coup’ where it is described as ‘sudden’”.

• DamarcusArt@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Despite using words incredibly “liberally” these folks will suddenly care a whole lot about very strict dictionary definitions when it suits them.

• m532@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Personally, I have no idea what aid program he’s referring to. But that’s not the point.

Maybe you’ll need to do some reading, maybe you’re just not interested.

This new brooklynman even admits to having no clue about anything. Twice.

• ImOnADiet [he/him]@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Oh god another arbiter of truth lib. I actually think writing “objectively” is more deceitful than showing your biases

ETA: like I wrote in a comment to him, it’s not like Yog is even some conniving communist trying to hide anything, yog openly has ussr shit as a banner and profile pic, uses the same name on a lemmygrad and lemmy, like it’s not some secret about his political biases lol

• ☆ Yσɠƚԋσʂ ☆@lemmygrad.mlOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Exactly, libs confuse their opinions being mainstream in the west with being unbiased. They believe that theirs is the one true view of the world and any divination from that view constitutes a bias. It’s basically a religious viewpoint like they have some divine truth and everyone who disagrees with it is a heretic.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          1 year ago

Yeah, it’s a variation of the argumentum ad populum fallacy. People assume that since their opinion is mainstream that makes it correct. There’s also often a chauvinist aspect to it as well since they assume the views their society holds as mainstream are more correct than mainstream views of other societies. This is why westerners tend to take it as given that their way of life is correct and that people in China need saving.

• AdvancedAktion@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Just like libs trying to show that Dessalines is a tankie through OSINT. Libs are mostly illiterate, if they ever click through links and read something, it becomes extensive research.

• Sleepless One@lemmygrad.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Sneaky communists, trying to conceal the fact that they’re communists by having their username be the same as a based Haitian anti-colonial kkkrakkker killer, making their PFP Fidel Castro, their banner Mao, and having a large public reading list of communist literature and US atrocities as well as a youtube account with a shit ton of audio books of communist literature! These communists are experts at hiding their true intentions so that normal™ people will be willing to consider their views!

spoiler

I hope it’s obvious that /s is being used heavily here.

BTW @Redlogic@lemmygrad.ml your account is marked as being a bot. You can change that in your account settings.

• AdvancedAktion@lemmygrad.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

One guy was spamming links to his github as if he is hiding his affiliations and convictions.They were like He is denying genocides holodomor uygur , tankie tankie tankie do not fund him.

• Soviet Snake@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Personally, I have no idea what aid program he’s referring to. But that’s not the point.

Fucking lol, also by their standards they are distracting from the Israeli issue by pointing to Ukraine.

• PeeOnYou@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

I accidentally clicked lemmy.ml instead of lemmygrad.ml in my bookmarks today – what a horror show… i hadn’t actually visited it in the past couple weeks but it seems to show no signs of slowing its crazy descent into a reddit clone

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Yeah, the quality of discussion went down significantly after all the redditors discovered lemmy. One saving grace is that at least all the large communities were created prior to the migration and moderation is solid.

• Krause@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Since this was a stone thrown at Ukraine I had to participate

Yeah, I can already tell this will be a fun read 🤣

• bloubz@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

He already does not understand that he was not seeing a Mastodon toot. How can we expect him to understand a 10-word phrase about geopolitics

• RedSquid@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

“Keep Thinking” - in this ukronazi’s case, “start thinking” might be useful advice, as he’s clearly not right now.

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

These people are incredibly smug because their views are currently mainstream. That’s not going to be the case for too much longer however, and they’re going to have a really hard time adjusting to that reality.

• cucumovirus@lemmygrad.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Unfortunately, I think most of the libs will just go along with whatever the mainstream view becomes, regardless of contradictions. Not like they really care about any of this anyway.

• rjs001@lemmygrad.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

They aren’t smug because their belief are mainstream. They have main stream beliefs because they are smug and deciding to have a mainstream belief allows them to be smug.

• PolandIsAStateOfMind@lemmygrad.ml
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            1 year ago

Exactly, we can at best count for some confusion when the US media machine realigns itself to the new thing and then they will get back to being smug again, like everything didn’t happened.

• T34@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

You see, we don’t call a positive political event a coup.

“if we like it then it’s not a coup!”

lmao

• supersolid_snake@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

They literally think like this. when the military came on television and asked morales to step down in Bolivia, it was either NYT or wapo that had an article saying “don’t call it a coup”.

• o_d@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Funny how the definition they use below doesn’t even support this claim.

coup a sudden decisive exercise of force in politics and especially the violent overthrow or alteration of an existing government by a small group

• 陆船。@lemmygrad.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

There’s another hilarious term the human rights concern troll NGOs have called authoritarian democracies. It’s applied to any country they don’t contest/allege fraud in the election results but nonetheless don’t like the ruling party 🤡

• Pili@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

I think I lost 20 IQ points after reading that blog post.