Diablo® II: Resurrected™ is a remastered version of the quintessential action RPG Diablo® II. Pursue the mysterious Dark Wanderer and fight the denizens of hell as you uncover the fate of the Prime Evils Diablo, Mephisto, and Baal, now in up to 4K (2160p) resolution on PC. Diablo II Resurrected features:

• Remastered graphics—monsters, heroes, items, spells, all resurrected.

• An epic story told through five distinct acts.

• Classic gameplay—the same Diablo II you know and love, preserved.

• Updated Battle.net support.

• Planned support for cross-progression—take your progress wherever you play.

• … and much more!

• beerclue@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I used to play Diablo 2 LOD 20+ years ago. I never played D3 or D4, but I just bought the D2R+D3 pack that’s been on sale these past days. I tried D2R and it’s pretty nice. The graphics overhaul is amazing. Works flawlessly via Lutris on my Linux machine too. Feels good :)

• Frost Wolf@lemmy.worldOPM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

No. At least as far as I know, I’m not paid to post this. Just genuinely curious if Diablo 2 is still relevant after Diablo 4.

• Karyoplasma
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

D4 is a decent game, but it’s not a replacement for D2, especially with LoD.

I play the original one, I cannot let go of PlugY and a loot filter. The filters available for D2R all have these maphack-y features coming with them (beams, minimap path, etc.) and I like my QoL to be more simplistic. The filter I’m using only filters trash without any other shenanigans. Although I have a chat alert for Vex+.

link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Wholeheartedly agree. I still love to tinker with Diablo 2 from time to time. Mods like Meridian XL gives it a fresh experience.

And when playing single player, going crazy with a character editor and just going crazy on the world is still a perfect way to go on a power trip.

• d3Xt3r@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

Have you tried Project Diablo 2? They’re still doing Battle.net seasons and they introduce really nice QoL stuff with each season. The latest season gave it a very nice graphics boost, with 60FPS and HD text rendering which looks crisp af.

I find PD2 far more enjoyable than D2R/D3/D4 (with D4 being the worst of the lot).

• Dicska@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

4 years ago I was thinking of how 20 years ago I predicted myself still playing Diablo 2 at the age of 80. Yeah, I was young. And quite excited. But 20 years later, I just smiled at it. I mean, it still gets repetitive after a while, and while I haven’t tried all the builds (since some of them are dogshit anyway), I still thought ‘Yeah, I was a bit too enthusiastic’.

…and here I am, playing D2R, martial arts assassin (I didn’t get as far as having Pattern), throw barb, jump barb, fister, smiter, you name it. It’s still fun. I’m starting to worry that I will indeed be playing it at 80.

link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I’m in the same boat. I started with Diablo 2 way back in elementary days. I never expected to play the same games as I do now. I still play generals, RA2 and Starcraft 2. Back to Diablo 2, I still play the same necromancer that I used to play. Maybe it’s nostalgia or maybe there’s really something in those games that made us keep coming back. Maybe it’s the microtransactions rampant in today’s games. Or the ack of “soul”. But here we are, still playing the old games.