The Chrome team says they’re not going to pursue Web Integrity but…

it is piloting a new Android WebView Media Integrity API that’s “narrowly scoped, and only targets WebViews embedded in apps.”

They say its because the team “heard your feedback.” I’m sure that’s true, and I can wildly speculate that all the current anti-trust attention was a factor too.

• Engywuck@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    8 months ago

UI/UX/Performance/Mobile app/Slow on Linux/Mozilla (the latter is the worst)

I’m not open to further debate. You asked, I replied. I preferred to migrate to a different browser and never look back, thanks to Mozilla.

• Engywuck@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        8 months ago

Yeah, sure /s.

Fuck Mozilla, really. I wouldn’t go back to FF even if it was the last browser on earth, as long as it gives oxygen to Mozilla. I’d like Moz Corp. to disappear.

• gentooer@programming.dev
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          8 months ago

If Mozilla were to disappear, Chromium web engine would have a true monopoly. Seeing how bad things are getting with their almost monopoly, I’d like to help avoid that.

• realitista@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            8 months ago

I do understand this feeling. It’s how I felt when I first left Firefox for Chrome. I would check in every few years for about 10-15 years and see if I was still better off on Chrome, and I was. But then one time, it just wasn’t the case any more. I switched back to Firefox and now Chrome feels shitty, slow, and bloated to me.

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

I’ve been using FF (and Thunderbird) for about 5 years now on my dual core old laptop running Gentoo, and it’s always run pretty smooth. Especially when they switched to the Quantum web engine.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          8 months ago

I’m not arguing that people are switching to Firefox. I’m only saying that your argument about FF on Linux is just plain wrong.

I also prefer the UI/UX of FF over Chromium based browsers, but that’s very subjective of course.