Everyone likes to look at the legends, but admiring what you have already is the key to happiness. This is my 6th gen Honda Accord, the first V6 model. It only puts out 160 WHP and 155 lb/ft of WTQ, but it has enough acceleration to put you back in your seat and is fast enough to pass everyone on the highway. Most importantly though, it’s mine.

What other “normal” cars do you think are under appreciated?

• seananigans@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

My car sure isn’t fast, but it’s so damned comfortable and easy to drive. Volkswagen Tiguan is an absolute treat to drive and since it isn’t too big it is suited to city, suburban, rural and cross country with my whole family. Best car I’ve ever had.

• trickstyle48@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

My dad had an R line that he let me borrow while he was away on holiday and man, if I had the money to purchase one I would

• TeckFire@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’ve driven a Tiguan before! Actually, I took my driver’s test in one haha

Yeah, they’re very smooth vehicles. I bet a road trip would be perfect in one of those!

• seananigans@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Excellent road tripping car, wife and I took the Tig from Brisbane down to Sydney and back with the cat along even. Turned out really well, and we fit everything inside perfectly! Only had to fill twice per trip too so economy really isn’t bad.

• Scrappy Duncan@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I absolutely love our 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited. Have a roof rack on it and it’s fantastic at what it does. Just got back from a trip to town with two little ones and a load of lumber on the roof. It’s understated styling is just so pleasing to look at and it’s really comfortable inside with an amazing sound system. Just all around a very enjoyable (albeit boring) car to own.

• TeckFire@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Highlanders are absolute tanks. Great family cars, especially if you live in a more rural area

• Scrappy Duncan@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

We live in a pretty rural area and take a lot of trips on it. We’ve even camped in the back with the seats down. It’s also the first SUV we’ve owned and just love the versatility of it. But that part is true of any SUV.

• Poe@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Oh absolutely, my parents have a '06 and I learned to drive on it. Beat the crap out of it and she still runs like a top.

• solongaphasia@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

when i drove my beamer for the first time… it was over. the responsiveness of both the steering and accelerator, matched with all the creature comforts (even in a 30+ year old vehicle!) and classic styling… have owned an e30 that i stupidly got rid of, and now an e34, looking at purchasing a new (to me) e83 x3. truly, the bmw is the ultimate driving machine.

(psa if you are not rich or willing to turn wrenches often, they may not be the wisest choice…)

• TeckFire@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

BMW has always been a car brand that both feels very refined and yet seemingly always doomed to failure somehow. Very much vibes of “live fast and leave a pretty corpse” haha

That said, I was passed by a BMW on the highway the other day and the thrill of trying to keep up and admiring it the whole way was beautiful

• KingJacobo@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

My wife has a 2006 Lexus RX330. It has a slow V6, terribly lazy shifting transmission, but the thing keeps on chugging along and is more comfortable to drive than our newer Tahoe, and is fairly nimble for its size.

I have a muscle car for having fun, but I really can’t fault this mom mobile. It has 233k mi and is still humming along.

• TeckFire@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Especially for people who don’t want to blitz down the streets, something like that is the best. A smooth, safe, comfortable ride. Plus, it’s a Lexus… so unless you deliberately neglect it, or just don’t want it anymore, you can keep it damn near forever.

Mom-mobile indeed lol

• Poe@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

2008 Mazda 6 five speed manual.

I love the design. Especially the tail lights. Always has me looking back after I park it. It’s slow, it’s unreliable, but man I love driving it.