U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken is warning Israel that it risks destroying an eventual possibility for peace unless it acts swiftly to improve humanitarian conditions in Gaza for Palestinian civilians as it intensifies its war against Hamas.

• galloog1@lemmy.world
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

Israel, who has much better intelligence, claims that Hamas is using ambulances for their logistics.

It comes down to who you believe. I know that one side has a better track record.

If Hamas is using ambulances for their logistics, as they have been known to do, striking it is not a war crime. They actively do this because it looks worse for Israel.

The use of ambulances for logistics is a war crime. What a boob.

• TinyPizza@kbin.socialOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

“of course I didn’t commit that murder, those people all blew themselves up! And I should know, I’m an explosives expert!” Said the mad bomber. ^And this guy trusts them because he literally comes out and says he’s worked for them before. Doesn’t a crystal ball to see what a malformed boob this boot licker is. Thanks for wasting everyone’s time.

• galloog1@lemmy.world
          cake
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          8 months ago

I never said I worked for them. You make a lot of claims and provide little to no evidence that actually directly supports them. It also doesn’t take a crystal ball to see that all your claims follow the exact narratives of Hamas. You are also the one posting the most about it on this platform indicating that spreading propaganda may be part of your professional work.

I’ll just keep calling you out on it. It doesn’t feel like wasting time to me.

• TinyPizza@kbin.socialOP
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            8 months ago

Here you go, Fuck Hamas, they can all eat shit and die. Now you go.

Keep chasing that tail boob.

• ToAllPointsWest@mastodon.cloud
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

@galloog1 @TinyPizza If you believe Israel in any way, shape or form, you’re probably horribly naive. We’re talking about the same people who are actively conducting genocide against the Palestinians, on top of the apartheid regime. They already inflicted on them. Are Hamas terrorists, yes, is Israel worse? Yes

• galloog1@lemmy.world
          cake
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          8 months ago

I believe Israel because I’ve worked with them and seen these things myself. I also know information war and Israel is bound by the constraints of a Western Democratic approach whereas Hamas is not.

One is inherently more trustworthy and you can validate it quite simply based on how quickly they lay blame. Israel checks with their force to validate information and protects it’s information sources. Hamas simply immediately claims that every militant was a civilian, every explosion was an airstrike, and only walks it back when people get called out by name as dead.

Any military force is not perfect. War crimes happen in any force with Soldiers on the ground. Israel’s targeting provides multiple sources of validation and checks to ensure there is a legitimate target before conducting a strike and they can take civilian considerations into account. Soldiers on the ground do not have that same level of control inherently. Hamas includes targeting civilians in their orders though so there is that.

• galloog1@lemmy.world
              cake
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              8 months ago

Well, this is honestly hilarious. You are trying to use Israeli opposition criticism of the government of Israel attempting to help the Palistinians as proof that they were propping up Hamas. I really don’t know what to say. Israel’s doing what the international community is calling for is not them playing 3d chess helping Hamas.

Working through the only existing power structure in the Gaza strip to allow more work permits may have inadvertently legitimized them and allowed them to further cement their authoritarianism but it’s a far cry from being the cause of them and it’s flat out dishonest to suggest so. You really do take away their autonomy with this narrative.

link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                8 months ago

@galloog1 You missed the part where that work was intentionally done to sabotage the creation of a sovereign Palestine. Nice thing for you to over at least get over, way to prove your bias.

Israel is literally responsible for this entire situation

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            8 months ago

@galloog1 Also Israel doesn’t check shit. As they’re using air dropped bombs inside a densely packed civilian population . Every fatality, every casualty is intentional. Worse haven’t seen a lot of armed dead Gaza citizens, we HAVE seen a lot of dead unarmed ones

Don’t lie you’ll be caught

• galloog1@lemmy.world
              cake
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              8 months ago

No competant military force on earth would show pictures of their own dead militants. They control the ground. Don’t be dumb.

link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                8 months ago

@galloog1 Israel has plenty of assets they can use to bolster their case

Yet, nothing. Hell they’re so fucking terrible that the Jenin camp they committed an atrocity in, they don’t even know they got the person they were aiming for.

They literally bombed a refugee camp and did not know if they got the target or not. What the fuck?!

• galloog1@lemmy.world
                  cake
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  8 months ago

All of that does not make it an illegitimate target under international law. If someone shoots your friend and runs into a building and you strike that building, you cannot claim that you got that target until you see a body. That’s just how assessments in a Western fires process work. It also provides more legitimacy when you do say something.

If you can come up with a more valid way to conduct assessments, by all means provide it. Israel wants to assess their targets as much as you want them to.