Other responses:

• GloriousDoubleK@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 years ago

It bothers me that Chinchillazilla looks familiar. I could swear we used to hang out in the same clubs.

Cant be fhe same person.

• DankZedong @lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    2 years ago

Please close twitter, go outside and touch grass for a second if this upsets you. People cooking and teaching their community is not a bad thing.

• ComradeSalad@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 years ago

Go into any culture that isn’t American or Western European; East Asian, Eastern European, Middle Eastern, African, Latin American, Caribbean, literally anywhere in the world, and you will find people cooking whole feasts because there is a possibility of an acquaintance dropping by for 5 minutes.

Imagine understanding the concept of hospitality.

• SpaceDogs@lemmygrad.mlOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 years ago

My family is Portuguese so I am well aware of guests being nearly force fed before they can leave and must take leftovers lol

• ComradeSalad@lemmygrad.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        2 years ago

My family background is Belarussian, and guests must have a full 3 course dinner, bread, tea, a lot of sweets to go with the tea, some fresh fruit, and 5 large Tupperware containers of extra dinner. If they do not go through this process they will be bared from leaving the house. I have also never left a Portuguese friends house without their Avó using an excavator to shovel food into my mouth.

It has been drilled into me from birth that I should never EVER eat or drink anything in front of friends, or houseguests without offering them some lmao. I don’t understand how people, especially well off people, can religiously guard food. Even when I am starving and have 10 dollars worth of food to make it through the week, I can’t imagine not sharing or offering anything to a guest or friend, it just seems so rude and selfish.

• GloriousDoubleK@lemmygrad.ml
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          2 years ago

This stuff right here is worth preserving. I love to cook. But I also only like to cook if it’s for more than just me.

It’s really just a very basic human love language. Damn near primordial. It says; I am aware of hunger and I am aware of the joys of a full belly. And since I have the power to prevent you from feeling hunger; I will do that.

To be THIS MAD over a woman wanting to feed her knuckle headed neighbors is stunning.

Where I work, we used to do unsanctioned pot lucks. Outside the mandates of management. Stuff like that builds solidarity. I have older women coworkers who straight up feed me and on return; I usually find myself making sure I do most the heavy lifting in my job specifically for them because they’re older and I dont wanna see my coworkers risk hurting themselves.

It aint patriarchy for women to cook for men. It’s patriarchy to MAKE women cook for men as a prescriptive expectation of gender roles.

Why be angry at women who WANT to be motherly?

• 陆船。@lemmygrad.ml
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          2 years ago

This is what individualism does to an mf. If my guest wants food they would have bought it and brought it to my house 🤡. I’ve been to house parties where the rule is “bring your own beer”. Not “I have stuff but always appreciate more” just straight bring your own lmfao.

• HiddenLayer5@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    2 years ago

Dear fake wokers: saying that a woman shouldn’t cook for other people is just as sexist as saying a woman should.

Feminism is not about changing what women can and can’t do in society, it’s about women’s right to freely choose without coersion or societal pressure what they do and don’t do.