I have been taking shrooms for over a decade now and I think I’m finally out of movies to watch, so I was hoping to crowd source some recommendations here and maybe even throw together a film list for fellow Lemmy psychonauts.

I tend to focus on comedies - I’ve seen all Mel Brooks films (except Silent Movie), Monty Python, all things MST3K/Elvira/Svenghoulie. The classics like Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas, Dazed & Confused, as well as, “good” B movies/flops like Tank Girl.

That being said, I’ve seen a ton of cerebral films too, along the lines of Waking Life for example.

All I can think of to watch right now is Rango, History of the world part 2 and Freakazoid season 2…these are mostly choices out of desperation at this point, ha (except Rango). Maybe Animaniacs (new & old)? Cloud Atlas?

So, if you have any obscure comedy recommendations, cerebral films, documentaries, let em rip! (To paraphrase Leslie Nielsen). I’ll compile a master list here after a month (?) of postings.

Thanks!

• emeralddawn45
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

Yeah it seems like it was just the sort of thing OP wanted too, I just wanted to give a different perspective on it. I personally don’t find comedies all that funny on shrooms, to me it seems like everyone is overactive and being annoying usually, but I’m glad he got a good recommendation out of it :).