• Andy@slrpnk.net
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Hardcore Henry.

It’s an easy answer. It’s a very pulpy, violent, action film shot entirely in a real time first person vantage. A guy gets experimented on, escapes from the mad scientist, then goes on a 90 min video game quest to save his kidnapped wife. It’s all explosions and train fights. It’s the kind of thing you worry that people will respect you less for having enjoyed, but it’s honestly an outstanding use of cinema and very fun.

• roux is a lib@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

If you like cheesy b horror and practical effect demo there is one called Hotel Inferno that is first person continual shot similar to Hardcore Henry but it can be a bit rough at times. The English dubbing isn’t great for example. At times the practical effects almost feels like the finisher kills from Doom 2016.

• WhoRoger@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

I think I’ve seen some bits, it looked pretty trash… But I don’t really have the appreciation for B horror.

• roux is a lib@lemmy.ml
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

That’s fair. I watched the whole trilogy and honestly it just becomes a slog. They took a novel idea and tried to franchise it and I think that wasn’t the best idea. Hardcore Henry is still very much superior.