back when it was actually ‘weed’

• tox_solid@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

My buddy has been trying to sell me on dry herb vapes. I tried his a couple times, and I’m almost convinced. Carts and dabs and shit just feel too… scientific? There’s probably a better way to phrase that.

• Nakari Lexfortaine@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I think they both have their places.

There’s something meditative about going through the actions of actually packing a bowl or rolling a joint. It’s methodical, let’s you get into a good headspace. It’s more a full body experience.

Using a cart or even hitting a dab rig, you’re using more tech, there can be more of a convience to it, but you lose out on the time spent with yourself. You lose out on the ritual, the spirit of it. Sometimes it’s nice, but sometimes, nah, I want that nice practice, the ritual of preparation my way.

• PutangInaMo@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

You definitely lose “the journey” and get right to the destination with vaping. But I’ve found that journey again with the first few hits of a fresh packed dosing cart. The flavor is just something else. After that it’s just like you said, a means to an end, strictly business kind of thing.

• Thorned_Rose@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          1 year ago

I can’t ever go back to combustion after vaping - the taste with vaping is just phenomenal. I love starting with a terpene hit.

I don’t feel like I’ve lost anything - maybe it’s because I use a Dynavap so it’s vaguely joint shaped, still has a burning hot end you have to be careful with, and it requires some amount of skill if you’re using a torch. So I have the ritual of getting out my weed container. Packing the bowl. Then lighting the flame and turning turning till the clicks… Still feels very satisfying to me. And I still use it with a bong.

That and how much higher I can get from vaping with less bud too.

EDIT: Oh and let’s not forget AVB!

• tox_solid@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I couldn’t have said this any better. It’s nice to have the convenience of a cart when I’m out and about but if I can afford to take my time, I’m grinding, packing and smoking and I’m not in a hurry about it.

• sambeastie@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Go for the Dynavap. It’s the thing that feels the most like smoking to me, but you get the benefits of it not tasting like an ashtray and it being slightly better for your lungs. They’re cheap enough that it’s not a huge financial outlay either.

It’s not the only vape I use and like, but its the one I use the most often.