UFC star Paige VanZant said OnlyFans allows her to make ‘life-changing money’

• Etterra@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

It’s amazing what showing your boobs can do for a woman. It’d be infuriating if not for all the gender-based discrimination and life endangering bullshit they also have to deal with. Instead it’s just another example of why we deserve the extinction we’re currently bringing down in ourselves.

• Godric@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

“Women showing their tits online is another reason humans deserve extinction” was not on tonight’s bingo card.

• KredeSeraf@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

“women feeling the legit need to expose themselves for others to make a good living is another reason we deserve extinction” might be a better explaination.

But even if not for that, there’s lots of other reasons.

• daed@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          8 months ago

They don’t need to expose themselves online to make a good living though. I think it’s important to distinguish that - this is an easy and accessible way for most women to make a few extra bucks or a good living, but they don’t need to and there are plenty of options to make a good living that don’t require showing off your naked body out there.

The middle class is being squeezed and many if not all jobs should pay more than what they do - not trying to debate that here. But to pretend women have no other options or somehow feel a need to do OF… Disingenuous at best.

• KredeSeraf@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            8 months ago

I’ll tell all those women who have tried basically everything else and still ended up there that because it’s not literally their only option they should just be okay with it. That our society has this problem to the tune of thousands or tens of thousands who all claim it’s the only way to make a livable wage is an enormous problem and censoring it with needless and pedantic clarifications like this is a big part of why our society is this way.

• daed@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              8 months ago

OF has only existed for 7 years. The lower and middle class has been struggling for much longer than this. Wages have been stagnant for much longer than this. What did these women with ‘no other options’ do before OF? What do the struggling men do?

People almost always have options… They just may not like them. Let’s please all stop pretending these women are forced into or have no other option than OF. They are choosing to because it is a convenient way to make extra income. It’s a convenient side hustle. Why would they spend time creating a product to sell or learning a trade or skill when they can point a camera at themselves? Much faster and easier. And there’s nothing wrong with that - let’s just be honest when we have these conversations.

• queermunist she/her@lemmy.ml
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                8 months ago

What did these women with ‘no other options’ do before OF? What do the struggling men do?

They were forced to do other degrading things. Or illegal things. Or both.

They still are; but they used to, too.

Why would they spend time creating a product to sell or learning a trade or skill when they can point a camera at themselves?

They literally are creating a product to sell. Camming is a skill. Don’t shit on sex workers.

let’s just be honest when we have these conversations.

Okay! All jobs are degrading! Your choices under capitalism are just different ways to sell your body and time and mind for a pittance, there is no dignified choice to make where you don’t have to sell yourself to survive. This isn’t new, OF is just a modern innovation of the same thing.

• Godric@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          8 months ago

Oh jeeze, that’s rough, a person showing themselves online for money, society must be truly be breaking down for that

• Godric@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          8 months ago

I genuinely feel rough for those with the incel mindset. It’s a no-hope, bitter mindset, where objectively good things for them are ideologically bad.

Women having sex outside of marraige? Bad to an incel, while they should be celebrating the potential for casual sex. Chicks posing naked online? Bad for an incel, even though that’s their fap material.

MFs literally just need a few nights off their ideology to not have sour grapes.

• CaptnNMorgan@reddthat.com
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            8 months ago

I think it’s more people confusing what other people do with what they want in a partner. They see someone they would want as a partner, they find out all sorts of dudes have been in her and that turns them off so they get irrationally mad. All in a matter of seconds

• TheBlue22@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

When I left reddit, I really thought I would see less incel shit. Guess I was wrong. How the fuck did this get 25 upvotes?!

• crackajack@reddthat.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      8 months ago

I wonder if it’s just modern society that gives taboo to naked bodies. There are plenty of other societies whose people are buck naked and they don’t seem to think anything much about it. If there is no taboo on being naked, I’m sure Onlyfans wouldn’t make any money at all.

• jasory@programming.dev
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        8 months ago

Plenty? Some societies have partial nudity as the norm, but this is the far minority, and even then it’s partial.