So far just coffee for me but made the avocado pit orgeat, and have tepache and ginger beer (both house fermented) so thinking to make something with tepache & the orgeat. There’s still pineapple juice too. Alternatively, I also rinsed out a jar of guava jam with the end of the vodka and cachaca so might use that for something.

Anyway - something resourceful and made of scraps tonight. Along with tacos of leftover pulled pork.

• yacht_boy@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Put some fruit punch in it and now it’s a rum punch. We used to give this to the tourists when I was in st Thomas

• yacht_boy@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

I should be going to bed. Instead I just opened up a fresh can of chiles jalapeños and poured some reposado tequila on the rocks. Bite of jalapeño, sip of tequila. Repeat.

• ShunkW@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

My friend got a promotional bottle of Spiritless Kentucky 74. He runs a bar and he’s been looking for more NA options for the sober folk like me. So we’ll probably try an old fashioned or two, maybe a simple sour. Never had NA liquor before so I’m excited to try it.

• RBWells@lemmy.worldOPM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Please let us know how this is. My haul for the sober folks at Thanksgiving so far is one bottle of sparkling pomegranate and one of “Eva’s Spritz” from For Bitter or For Worse. And will make more ginger beer. But a NA bourbon or especially a tequila analogue would be so useful.

• ShunkW@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

I’ll try to remember to do so. As much as I dislike the company in general, Brewdog has some really great near beers if that helps. Athletic Brewing is good as well.

• gwildors_gill_slits@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

I’m drinking this tonight, except I only have cranberry/grape juice which is kind of sweet, so I left out the simple syrup. It turned out really great actually, not too sweet and quite well balanced.

• Mojojojo1993@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

Rum. Not sure what with as of yet , want a sweet tea version but don’t want anything laden with sugar. Similar for ginger beer. Really need to do a homemade ginger beer that I can alter to my liking. Just being lazy

• RBWells@lemmy.worldOPM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Could you pour the rum and infuse it with tea leaves, maybe? Then you could dilute & sweeten to taste? A teancture, lol. A blender can help infuse herbs into alcohol very quickly.

• RBWells@lemmy.worldOPM
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

Guava, ginger, lime…

1oz of the guava liqueur 1oz claro tequila 1oz lime

Shook with ice

2oz ginger beer

Stir

Quite tart, as the ginger beer is dry. But lovely.

• CodingCarpenter@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    8 months ago

I’ve got a nice bottle of Ragnarok from superstition mead. Not feeling super boozy this week end

I could mix it with club soda thin it out a bit

• RBWells@lemmy.worldOPM
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

A margarita to steel myself for Thanksgiving dinner planning. With the absolutely lovely claro tequila ocho. I want their reposada.