• Stamets@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

Visually, yes. However the actual gameplay loop becomes hyper repetitive within the space of 2-3 hours and that the plot is genuine garbage that has no resolution or consequences.

• no banana @lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        8 months ago

I actually think it’s pretty nice but you can tell that it’s been gutted a lot because of time constraints.

• Stamets@lemmy.worldOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          8 months ago

I cannot find a single redeeming part of the storyline at all. It’s all hyper contrite, characters motivations/personalities seem to make no sense, the random seasonal jumps are jarring and demonstrate how little characters grow, and the ending literally has no consequence. I chose the ‘evil’ ending and nothing happened outside of that professor dying. Despite absorbing all the ancient energies of doom that these 4 paintings had sealed away, not a single one of them cared despite them insisting on me stopping someone else who was doing precisely the same thing. Despite them saying that no one should have that type of power. I rocked up with said power and they’re just like “Hey Jason.”

• no banana @lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            8 months ago

Oh, don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying it’s a masterpiece. It’s nice, but could have been way better.