Maybe this is unpopular but I’m getting tired of opening lemmy and having to scroll past the same post that I have viewed already, half of the posts on the front page are 2 or 3 days old.

• Bardak@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Not ideal for me. I like to keep tabs on the conversation on post. I will often see a post that is making its way up the page with a few comments and will check back in as I am browsing when it has hundreds.

• Ataraxia@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I just realized I never did this on reddit because I would check the post, reply to some comments and move on and never go back lol! I don’t think I want to do that here.

• Dr. Moose@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I like that the webui highlights new comments. It’s nice to get back to a good thread and see how it develops.

• MrJukes@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

My reddit goto was to mark as read as I scroll and then Boost had a “Clear all read” button I could press. It would only clear until I refreshed my feed then they would show up again until I hit the button again. It felt like a good balance.

• azuth@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

That could work somewhat if it was an option on the actual feed next to subscribed/local/all and sort type.