• TheControlled@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

Stupid fucking kid petulantly dismisses anything older than themselves is Boomer and bad. Boomers have no idea what counter strike is. Gen x and millennials are the ones that played and play that game.

• Anony Moose@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      7 months ago

IMO crossposts are a good thing and should be encouraged. The problem is more that lemmy’s simple feed algorithm doesn’t do a great job of spreading out similar content, especially since there’s so little OC.

This becomes very apparent when a new community comes online and the feed is flooded with literally dozens of posts from the same community. Some improvements to that algorithm, similar to the ones made to surface smaller communities would be a welcome change.

• glimse@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        7 months ago

All the green text/4chan subs should just be combined. I hate when I see the same picture like 5 times in a row.

• intensely_human@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          5 months ago

The client should just combine multiple immediate occurrences into one. Give it some sort of “stack of squares” icon to indicate it’s a collapsed train of posts across multiple communities. It appears in the feed as one post, but you can click to expand it if you want to go into a comment section

• Dramatic ShitposterOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      7 months ago

Hey. This is what you’re doing to our front page.

Are you sorting by new? Not the same front page I’m getting, even on Lemmy World.

You only need to post something once. They’re all similar communities so chances are, if someone subscribed to one of those communities, they’re subscribed to them all.

Possibly, but some lemmy communities do defederate from others. For example, a lemmy.basedcount.com user would be able to see the !greentext@sh.itjust.works post, but not the !greentext@lemmy.ml post because lemmy.ml defederated from lemmy.basedcount.com.

• billwashere@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

Yes god forbid you enjoyed playing a game against other adults with no distractions or cringe-worthy banana costumes.

• teichflamme@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

Honestly, 1.6 was the peak. GO was pretty good at the end of its life, but CS2 is garbage right now.

• 🇰 🔵 🇱 🇦 🇳 🇦 🇰 ℹ️@yiffit.net
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

IDK what the fuck Valve has done, but I fired up CS2 having not played CS:GO for like 5 years and the menus are garbage and it feels like it’s entirely up to luck whether or not your hits count. I quit GO because it was getting bloated with bullshit and they started fucking with the accuracy of every gun. It seems it just continued going down hill.

• Fizz@lemmy.nz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

The progression is getting better. The new content is new maps and the events are made by the community for the community. Balance changes were finding new creative ways to beat “op” strategies.