• tetris11@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Or just some random influencer.

I was on holiday with my gf and asked a couple to take us a photo. Prior to me asking, they were staring ahead at nothing but looking very pleased with themselves for some reason. Pillow smiling reality.

Anyway, she obliged to take the photo, but not before getting on the floor to get a tall shot of us, and then yoga flexed into a wide shot. Her boyfriend/brother smiled and said “haha that sure is an influencer for you!”

Both again looked extremely pleased with themselves as the phone got handed back, and we said thank you for their average looking photos.

I don’t understand how influencers can love themselves so much, but such is the world now.

• nte
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

And the Bodyguards startend clapping

• Starshader@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      7 months ago

I can confidently say that 90% of the people where I live have no idea who Oprah is. She’s not famous outside of the US, because, contrarly to singers, actors, sport stars… she doesn’t export anything.

• Echo Dot@feddit.uk
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        7 months ago

I think I know who we’re talking about. Is she the one from the “everyone gets a car” meme?

• ANGRY_MAPLE@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

I think I first learned about Opera from the one Episode of Drake and Josh. The episode when Josh freaked out because he ran over Opera with his car.

Can’t say I’ve really heard much since, but I don’t exactly go looking either

• Thisfox@sopuli.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

Pretty much. She is a rich nobody.

I eventually looked up who she was out of curiosity a few years ago. No idea how she got rich (rich parents?) but tends to be weird foreign philanthropist who makes people act like they worship her in exchange for expensive gifts. Shrug. Still unknown here in Australia.

• wildginger@lemmy.myserv.one
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          7 months ago

I mean, she was the face of a pretty massive talk show for a long time. She was the housewife jimmy fallon.

Do you consider any talk show host a nobody? Or just the ones on shows not aired in your country? Im sure theres plenty of famous auzzies and kiwis youve grown up seeing on tv that most people have never heard of, doesnt make them a nobody.

• metallic_z3r0@infosec.pub
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          7 months ago

Nah, she was pretty poor growing up, she only became wealthy as a TV personality, literally became rich by becoming famous, if only mostly in the US.

• Grass@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          7 months ago

From what I can remember she was mostly one of those whatever ellen was (not including when she was dory from finding Nemo)

• Starshader@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          7 months ago

I don’t know what you are talking about. A lot of the best football players are from Europe, others are mostly from South America and Africa. Also F1 drivers are mostly Europeans.

• tweeks@feddit.nl
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    7 months ago

I read this as “two guys and a girl get it on”. I thought he was trying to ignore a threesome in a public elevator, while they were trying to make him greet them. Was wondering why he even entered in the first place.

I need some more sleep.