So im about to get a new laptop, its no the best but it will be diffrent, currently i have a desktop so a laptop i will be able to move around with.

Its a windows laptop with 12gb of ram, 250 storage, so im hoping its good becasue i got this laptop on the cheaper end becasue its refurbished acording to amazon.

anyways what are some of the first things to do with a laptop besides setting it up and what are some cool uses, i have some ideas on how i might use the laptop but i want to hear what yall have to say.

• Poggervania@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Adding on to the Windows Defender bit: it’s also a very good antivirus, so you can pretty much just get away with that and an adblocker on your browser of choice. Been running Firefox with uBlock Origin and Windows Defender for years now at this point and have not had a single virus nor infection on my computer - and I used to use Norton and Avast before that.

That being said, if you’re the kind of person that goes onto hella sketchy sites a lot of the time, might be worth looking into a paid antivirus.