Health experts say axing plan to block sales of tobacco products to next generation will cost thousands of lives

• ColeSloth
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Like I said. Mainly because if someone lights up, they’ll smoke the whole cigarette. Not half. But if they didn’t get enough nicotine from one, instead of not smoking again for a couple hours, they may smoke again after just 45 minutes or so. Or even start chain smoking.

• ColeSloth
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

Smoking more IS the adjustment. Take some nicotine away, they’ll crave more nicotine.

• mindbleach@sh.itjust.works
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            10 months ago

Or they’ll adjust to how much is in what they’re used to smoking. Their bodies will adjust. Because cravings are driven by exposure.

• ColeSloth
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              10 months ago

And they’ll smoke more in order to get the exposure they’re used to.

• ColeSloth
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  10 months ago

You don’t really know how an addiction works, do you? Nevermind that being a question for you to answer. I suppose I already know you don’t.

• mindbleach@sh.itjust.works
                    link
                    fedilink
                    arrow-up
                    arrow-down
                    ·
                    10 months ago

Do you know how quitting an addiction works? Ideally… you take less.

That’s not a paradox or a gotcha. It’s the only way people break the cycle. You understand that cycle can be deepened. You seem absolutely confident there’s no other direction.