Found out we’re doing a mandatory active-shooter training at work. It’ll be “non interactive” which I guess means no fake guns or practice takedowns or whatever they do to scare people. At least one of my coworkers has already expressed adamant opposition to this, so I have at least one ally. I’d be more opposed if I were going to have fake guns pointed at me, but if it’s just sitting in a room listening to someone talk, I don’t mind being paid to listen to their bullshit. Anyway, beyond what I’ve said, I don’t know much about these trainings, so what are some funny ways I could derail it? Don’t hold back

• Locuralacura@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

We recently had this training in my school. The thing I wished I did is to prepare a few well researched facts about red flag gun laws, gun crime statistics and how they can protect people so we don’t have to barricade the door and cower in the corner. My state already has laws on the books that allow judges to take weapons away from people deemed unstable. The police that ran the training didn’t mention it once, but they showed us how to use staplers to defend oneself. Lol.