Wait until OP realizes that Halloween is equaly pushed by capitalism 🫠

• vale@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      7 months ago

“Equally” is not a word I’d use. It’s not pushed nearly as much as Christmas is

• lolcatnip@reddthat.com
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          7 months ago

I’ve seen dedicated Christmas stores before, and you’re ignoring how every store becomes a Christmas store after Thanksgiving.

• CluckN@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            7 months ago

Name your Christmas store instead of making one up I can’t argue with imaginary businesses

• SuckMyWang@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  edit-2
                  7 months ago

The gestures broadly is more of a take your pick it’s not a trick question kind of answer. If you need to know the names of some random stores I’ll pick some. Walmart, Costco, target, home depot. These were selected at random from a top 10 retailer list. Now I think what this person was saying is that these all become Christmas stores during this period of the year. Yes they still sell other things but there probably isn’t enough Christmas things to dedicate to that size of a store. So they make 20% of it Christmas crap and keep selling the other crap because they know it’s profitable. They do the same for Halloween but probably to a lesser extent

• irmoz@reddthat.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Nowhere near equally. “Halloween music” is much rarer, and doesn’t get blasted in shops and on the radio 24/7 for a month. “Halloween films” are also barely a thing, and horror films don’t count.

• vale@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

a month if you’re lucky. they started blasting it a week into November where I work. I’m so tired of hearing the same songs over and over again, and the 6 different covers of “All I Want For Christmas Is You”

• YaksDC@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

I don’t own a car and had to drive one today. It was like radio station roulette to try and not hear Christmas music.

• Caboose12000@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

I’m at the point where I spend so much time being bitter about Christmas music being played too early that when December finally rolls around things start feeling surreal when I can’t whinge about it anymore.

• Flax@feddit.uk
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

In the UK it shouldn’t happen before Remembrance Sunday