• dustyData@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

Wanna get even angrier? Since the cease fire was agreed, Israel released 150 Palestinian people. In that time, they have also made 133 new arrests of Palestinians for the crime of…celebrating the release of Palestinians.

If this were done by a movie villain, people would criticize it for being too cartoonishly evil and unrealistic.

• NAXLAB@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      7 months ago

Imma need a hardcore source for this. Not because I doubt it, but because I’d like to include it in an essay

• Rediphile@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          7 months ago

It’s the ‘arrested for celebrating’ part that we want a source for and I didn’t see any in this article about it. Just seems very odd Israel would admit such a thing, so if they did I want a solid source to share with others.

• Sparlock@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            7 months ago

You could literally use google and find lots of stories talking about it. Here is a snippet from just one.

THE ISRAELI GOVERNMENT narrative surrounding the Palestinian prisoners being released during this temporary ceasefire is both insidious and dishonest. Interior Minister Itamar Ben Gvir has banned Palestinians from celebrating their release. “My instructions are clear: there are to be no expressions of joy,” he said. “Expressions of joy are equivalent to backing terrorism, victory celebrations give backing to those human scum, for those Nazis.” He told Israeli police to deploy an “iron fist” to enforce his edict. https://theintercept.com/2023/11/26/palestine-israel-prisoners/

That is pretty fuckin clear.

• MartinXYZ@sh.itjust.works
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              7 months ago

My instructions are clear: there are to be no expressions of joy,” he said. “Expressions of joy are equivalent to backing terrorism"

Wow. That is cartoonishly dystopian.

• Sparlock@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                7 months ago

Totally not channeling his inner Nazi… Yet there are still shitbags here twisting themselves in knots to defend everything Israel does.

• Sparlock@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                7 months ago

Ben Gvir is a special kind of evil, but unfortunately not so uncommon in the Israeli government.

• Reddfugee42@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              7 months ago

“this source is untrustworthy”

“WOAH CALM THE FUCK DOWN JESUS CHRIST WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU”

• Madison420@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                7 months ago

No, they’re saying that’s a dumb response because it’s backed by multiple outlets. Sure one way be biased so… Do your own research. Or complain that it wasn’t handed to you tied up with a bow.

• Reddfugee42@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  7 months ago

That’s great but when they’re being calm and you’re being dramatic, maybe have a moment of self reflection before the pot tries to call the kettle black

• Sparlock@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                7 months ago

Hey look!
                It’s one of the shitbags I was mentioning in another comment!

Just like clockwork to goosestep along with Ben Gvir.

• SpezBroughtMeHere@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        7 months ago

What makes any news showing Israel in a positive light propaganda and any news showing hamas in a positive light credible? Each side is saying the exact same thing about each other yet you chose to believe only one side as believable.

• TempermentalAnomaly@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          7 months ago

What a simplistic interpretation of reporting during war times. Reductively representing all Palestinians as Hamas is willfully ignorant. The vast majority of people here are for the people under siege.

• Linkerbaan@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          7 months ago

They give sources and show evidence. That makes them credible.

Also Aljazeera shows first hand accounts of Palestinian hostages telling their stories of torture in Israeli prison while all the israeli side gives us is “a hostages aunt said this definitely happened” while prohibiting the israeli hostages to speak to the media.

Just because israel lies about everything you can’t go “well then surely the other side does too”.

• Maggoty@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          7 months ago

Only one side can end this simply by going home. Hamas and Hezbollah have both publicly stated their only demand to end hostilities is that Israel stops it’s occupation.

• Maggoty@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              7 months ago

Sorry but no. The rest of the world agreed that conquering land and calling it your own went out of style in May of 1945. You don’t get to put your own pictures on the wall and pretend you didn’t steal the house.

• orrk@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          7 months ago

they only influence the elections in Israel, mainly because that is where they are a political block

• Hamartia@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            7 months ago

I wouldn’t be sure of that. Nor would I have any truck with the old puppet-master/squid trope. A lot of countries will budget for influencing various political spheres beyond their borders. Israel shouldn’t get singled out for special criticism in that particular field. Not because what they have been caught doing isn’t reprehensible but because that field of manure is busy with as bad or worse actors such as Russia, China, or the cough USA cough.

• thesilverpig@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      7 months ago

I didn’t but I guess thanks for keeping me informed. Also distracts me from my problems which are minor in comparison.