• Zaphod
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

Forgot “Yes, but you maybe only stream in 720p because you’re on Linux :D” 🤡

• xor@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

And its cousin “yes, but your browser doesn’t have the right DRM software embedded in it, go fuck yourself”

• SkyezOpen@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        7 months ago

“I tried to load an ad and failed and forgot where you were in the show so I’m just gonna start over. Oh hey it’s the beginning of the show, have an ad.”

-Hulu, actually.

• Melody Fwygon@lemmy.one
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          7 months ago

Worse:

“I’m aware that you’re paying nearly $30 a month for our Ad-Free tier; but this content creator still demands we put Ads on this shit. Here’s an Ad!” Crashes and refuses to begin playback again when your browser that’s configured to block those ads blocks it.

• Melody Fwygon@lemmy.one
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          7 months ago

Or the relative of the “Worse” option:

“Oh, you’re paying a little extra to limit advertising interruptions? Oh sorry! That only works on pre-roll and post-roll ads. Enjoy your fucking Mid(t)roll ad that you can’t fucking skip!”

• Tier 1 Build-A-Bear 🧸@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        7 months ago

And it’s adopted brother for TV shows, “yes but only the 3rd, 5th, and 12th episodes of the first season, first 3 of the second, none of the 3rd but the ENTIRE 4th season (excluding the finale), and the rest are easily available from 4 other streaming services. Isn’t this so much better? :)”

• Lev_Astov@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

I made the mistake of purchasing a movie advertised as 4k on YouTube once. They wouldn’t let me view it higher than 480p on my PC. They also had the audacity to claim it was because too many people were streaming during COVID. Never ever again.