alt text: @yugopnik • Jul 12 There are 2 dudes in a One of them calls himself a Social Democrat. The other calls himself a Communist. Neither of them actually do anything to push their ideas forward. Then, are they any different?

• Absolute@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

My counterpoint to this is I genuinely do not have time or energy to organize or get too involved with party activities like study groups and protests right now. I’ve been in contact with my local group but like they do everything on saturdays and I almost always have to work 14 hour days then. As soon as my schedule improves I intend to get more involved.

Point being I don’t disagree but also life does get in the way, everyone’s circumstances are different.

• QueerCommie@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

If you can’t join a party the least you can do is use leftist talking points in daily conversation and try to organize your workplace if it isn’t.

• Absolute@lemmygrad.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Absolutely agree, I am constantly browbeating. Fortunately my workplace is unionized and I try to be as involved as I can on that front. I don’t mean to say that you shouldn’t do anything. Even engaging with your local party online, reading their literature, voting for them in local elections, sharing posts if that’s your thing is better than nothing. Ultimately I agree with point being made by the tweet, especially in regards to arguing online about politics.