• OmnipotentEntity@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

For the record, the rate at which the power increases and decreased on the reactor is more or less accurate to the simulation, but the simulation has been speed up by about 100x. Mentioning this just in case the game leaves you with the impression that managing a nuclear reactor is a twitchfest.

• Crotaro@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Thank you for pointing that out. Nuclear reactors today (and many even “back then”) are very, very stable and have so many safeties in place, that it’s hard to cause a second Chernobyl meltdown, if I’m not mistaken.

• Omega_Haxors@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

Modern designs literally can’t melt down, have failsafes built in to the design, and run using literal nuclear waste.

• MangoKangaroo@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

I own and have opened Factorio but I feel like I’d need a firmware update for my brain to be able to play it well.

• Omega_Haxors@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        7 months ago

You don’t know what it’s like to run a 10MW reactor so you can kickstart your 100GW stellarator which is controlled by a 10kb microcontroller so that you can break apart water into hydrogen and oxygen then fuse them up to Uranium and then breed them into 100W betavoltaics and place them under everything you care about so that they run for free even after 20 heat deaths.

Uranium = 92 Oxygen = 8 Hydrogen = 1

92/ 2 = 46 / 2 = 23, 8 x 2 = 16, 23 - 16 = 7, 1* 2 = 2 * 2 = 4 + 2 = 6 + 1 = 7 Keep up? Congratulations. Celebrate with a gold-coated carrot.

• Omega_Haxors@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

First thing it does is ask for a nickname that’s 3-4 characters long. Then it asks for my real name.

• MrPozor
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

There’s a pretty good game as well on Steam called Nucleares. Very challenging but cool to be able to walk around the plant .