Before the whole Reddit migration I was passively aware of the Fediverse, I thought I somewhat grasped the concept, and had created a Mastodon account, but never really used it.
But once the migration started, I decided to try out Kbin, and really liked it, and even started to use Mastodon more often.

• SnowGlobal@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Pretty similar to you: Had heard about Mastodon when Twitter started imploding and made an account over there. But didn’t really get it and I never really used Twitter anyways so I wasn’t too interested in figuring it out.

Then when the APIpocalylse kicked off I came and checked out Lemmy and learned more about the Fediverse. When I found the Memmy app and more people started coming here it really felt like this was taking off, and I’m excited to see that momentum continuing. I haven’t opened Reddit since Apollo died, and this is now filling that void in my online diet.

• eclipse@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Same here for me, when Apollo declared it would stop support I completely dropped reddit and started on Lemmy. Initially the web app for Lemmy was a bit rough for me to use but then I found Memmy and have been here since!