If all the seemingly pointless discussions about which distro is better comes from attachment to a spesific distro and if a distro is just a way to interract with linux than all the discussion about witch distro is better etc. fundementally comes from a a place of love and appreciation for Linux as an OS.

(I use HannahMontanaLinux btw)

• hottari@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

A distro isn’t just a way to interact with the Linux operating system. It’s a collection of tools that helps you do it. Some tools are just sharper that others. The community just likes debating about this important nuance. It’s not that complicated.

My tools of choice come from the famous blue logo distro.

• theshatterstone54@feddit.uk
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Blue logo distro

Do you have the slightest idea how little that narrows it down?

(Fedora, Arch, Kubuntu, Zorin, ElementaryOS, ArcoLinux and surely many more I’m forgetting)

• hottari@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        7 months ago

Out of them all, the most famous one is the one I use. Kept the name a bit of a mystery to avoid the resultant argument about it btw.

• I'm back on my BS 🤪@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

I think it’s fairly obvious that they mean Arch because they are sharing which distro they use without being prompted, which is inline with a common running joke about doing the same thing, btw.

• Auli@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Sure except every district has the same tools. I distribute is more of a toolbox then a tool.