• RandomVanGloboii@feddit.it
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Tablets, I don’t see the appeal of a big phone device that can’t fit your pocket and can’t make calls

• dan@upvote.au
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I like bringing it with me when travelling, to watch movies on the plane. More portable than my laptop with a bigger screen than my phone.

• Victoria@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

i sometimes use one for certain tasks, where a big screen device is needed, but i don’t want to haul around my big laptop.

• MrRain19@feddit.it
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

The only tablet I can recommend is any iPad with pen support. It has been a lifesaver in my uni life, by taking notes digitally I saved dozens of notebooks and otherwise wasted paper, plus the convenience of having my digital books that can be taken everywhere saved my back. I think that for a university student the base 128gb (or even a 64gb one) iPad and a knockoff apple pen for 20~30€ is a worthwhile investment.

• haohao@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

My wife got me one years ago, and I’m using it as a dedicated YouTube player when I’m doing something around the house

• Alien Surfer@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I can see it a whole lot better in bed, or around the house. The phone is too small. I only use the phone outside of the house when I’m mobile, except for hotels, then I’ll use the tablet.