• lazyslacker@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

The part that no one ever talks about is that a well fitted high quality suit, which is the most ubiquitous professional/ business wear for a man, is just about as comfortable as pajamas. It’s like a secret that all men share and don’t talk about because if this fact came out widely enough the jig would be up and we might have to dress in something more punishing. Jeans are often more restrictive and uncomfortable than suit pants.

• AFK BRB Chocolate@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

I actually came here to say that. I used to have to wear suits a lot and I kind of miss how comfortable they were compared to most other clothes. The only bad part was that they had to be dry cleaned, which was annoying.

• someguy7734206@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Suit pants are nice, as are the shirts, but the jackets are frankly quite stupid. Plus, you have to take into account the fact that a well-fitted suit is only guaranteed to be well-fitted at the moment it comes from the tailor.

• abraxas@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Flipside… no matter how many times the suit-shop owner says otherwise, the classic suit-shoes are fucking torture devices.

As. frankly, are any suit that cost less than a human kidney