I mean the one you do when you want something easy to do, but not when you’re tired at the point you microwave a frozen-meal, or just cut down a piece of cheese and put it in a bread

• athos77@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

Fake pizza: Make toast. Drizzle toast with a little bit of olive oil. Smear tomato paste on toast. Sprinkle with garlic powder and oregano. Top with a slice of provolone.

• ivanafterall@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

Damn, OP. Here you thought you were making shitty white trash pizza and all along you were making Catalan tapas Pan Con Tomate!

• xmunk@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

It’s definitely popular here in Barcelona pan con tomate is a regular dish across Spain. It’s especially hilarious when you get the little condiment container full of tomato & garlic and mini-olive oil bottle on renfe.

• stevehobbes@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

Yeah but the tomato pureé you guys make is way more delicious than the tomato paste that comes out of tubes this guy is referring to.

• Rai@lemmy.dbzer0.com
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          6 months ago

I feel like standard tomato paste must be cooked before eating. It’s so… tart? Tomatoey? Pastey?

• June@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Or be me as a kid

White bread Put ketchup on bread Put Kraft single on top Put in the oven under the broiler until the cheese melts and the edge of the bread crisps Eat it over the sink in order to not kill your mother by disrespecting the plates with that garbage Realize you’re still hungry and make 3 more