• Bluefalcon
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Taking someone’s right to vote is the most anti-democratic thing you can do. You serve your time and once you’re done, you are helped back into society. That’s the point of jail.

• Flying Squid@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Minnesota, much like Canada, would be a place I would love to live except it’s way too damn cold all the time.

I guess I could wait 15 years for global warming to take care of that problem though.

• OtisRamflow@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

Minnesota is fine, buddy. Currently live in the twin cities, it’s all good. Winter is a great excuse to buy a bunch of cold weather gear, really just have fun with it. I built a huge snow fort last winter, race track for the dogs with tunnels. I’m starting to like winter more than summer in my late 30s, I’m not so sweaty, don’t have to mow the lawn.

Apparently there are some people here who challenge themselves to never go outside all winter. Park indoors, use the skyway downtown.

• LetMeEatCake@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’m in New England, so similar levels of cold winters as MN and most of Canada by population. Really it’s something you adapt to and it becomes your normal.

Sometimes you cannot go out, even for work, because of a giant snow storm. Sometimes you need to wear a heavy duty coat to go to work or go grocery shopping. That’s about it. When you’re inside and it’s cold you have the heat on and wear nice socks/slippers.

The nice thing about the cold is you can always put more clothes on, add more heat. There only so many layers of clothes you can remove to deal with hot weather…

• medgremlin@lemmy.sdf.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

It’s only cold for about one third to one half of the year, and it’s nothing a decent furnace and a good coat can’t handle.

• tallwookie@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

pretty sure that’s against Federal law, which supersedes State law.

presumably the supreme court will smack it down

• Insert_Innuendo@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

I just left MN. Cost of living is insane, and the cold (loved it as a kid) hurts after Mil Service.But the scenery is amazing almost year round (outside of yuppieville, I mean murderapolis, I mean twin cities lol)