I’m a beginner 3D printing novice. I have done about 5-6 successful prints so far, and my last two have technically come out fine, but they seem very brittle. By brittle, i mean that both prints have snapped cleanly into several pieces, not by design. My extremely novice research has led me to think it’s a layer adhesion issue - it is very cold here where I am right now, and I print in a non-climate controlled shed because of reasons. I do have an enclosure though, so i tried printing my PLA at 205 instead of 200, but same result. Is there a better way to correct prints snapping apart like that? I don’t feel like i used any excessive force.

Ender 3 Pro Polymaker dual matte white/black PLA 1.75mm

• ArtVandelay@lemmy.worldOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

Ok, so the print came out great. Unfortunately, it was a print without top and bottom layers and honeycomb infill of only about 12%, and I accidentally squished it getting it off that extremely cold bed this morning lol. To the immediate problem I posted above though, I think it was definitely a clogged nozzle which you helped fix, and the layer adhesion is probably due to enclosure temperature being too low when I start the print. I will correct both of those things, and then go watch YouTube on how to remove a print from a cold bed haha

• FuglyDuck@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          6 months ago

So, one of the tricks for really stuck on prints, at least for glass beds, is to put it in the freezer and then hold the build plate vertically and tap it on something hard. (Firm, but not so hard it breaks or anything.) my experience in the past is, with some exceptions… it goes in the freezer and pops right off. if bed adhesion is too good, you can try adjusting zoffset to print a little higher.

you can speed warming up the enclosure with a hairdryer or heat gun.

• rambos@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

-4c is extreemly cold, get thermometer inside of enclosure and leave your heatbed on until it reaches 10-15C before you start printing. Even better get enclosure heater. Id also bump nozzle temp to the highest marked on your spool.