• Onurtag@lemmy.ml
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

The :has() selector is now supported.

Great news! I was waiting for this for a while now.

• Flaky@iusearchlinux.fyi
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    6 months ago

I’m waiting for Japanese-to-English translation tbh. I know it’ll take time, but it’s worth shouting it into the ether.

Oh yeah btw, here's the Firefox Picture-in-Picture tutorial for KDE Wayland, so you don't have to click Reddit:

I’m not 100% sure if this is everyone’s experience, but when running Firefox with Wayland (not as an xwayland window), Picture-in-Picture windows don’t stay above by default.

If you are similarly afflicted, the workaround is literally ten clicks away (assuming you have a scroll wheel) using Window Rules. You could create and fill the rule manually, but now that I’ve mentioned the ten clicks thing I’m committed to only using clicks in this quick how-to.

Step 1: Right click an open Picture-in-Picture window. In the context menu, select “More Actions” -> “Configure Special Window Settings…”. This will populate most of the window settings for you.

Step 2: Click “Add Property…” and select “Window title”. The newly added row’s text field should read “Picture-in-Picture”. Change the dropdown option from “Unimportant” to “Exact Match”. (All PiP windows in Firefox use this title and by making it Exact Match the rule shouldn’t affect any other Firefox windows.)

Step 3: Click “Add Property…” again and this time select “Keep above other windows”. The dropdown in the newly added row should be set to “Apply Initially”. Select the “Yes” radio button if it isn’t already.

Step 4: Click “OK”. That’s it. No more manually setting Keep Above every time you open a PiP.

• fury@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    6 months ago

I was going to make some smart ass comment about browser version numbers being ridiculous anymore (after Firefox 3.6 I stopped keeping track), but then I saw it

touchpad & touchscreen gestures, swipe-to-nav

Hot diggity damn. This might make me less likely to revert to Chromium every new install, if Firefox works well with touchscreen at last. I’ll have to check this out on my Pi 5 on Ubuntu.

• jackpot@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

theres a decade old bug where opening a new tab causes the history window to refresh to the top

• jackpot@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

not even sure theres a report for it, you can replicate it yourself easily by opening a history tab and clicking on one of the entries. it will shoot yoy up to the top

• rockSlayer@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        6 months ago

That is pretty big, actually. I’m still a novice Linux user, are there distros that ship with wayland?

ETA: looked it up myself, I think I need to upgrade my debian version. Apparently the default DE ships with it now, even in stable

• rizoid@lemmy.dbzer0.com
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          6 months ago

Its becoming more common and most desktops are beginning the long process of switching to Wayland as the default. I use gnome Wayland on opensuse tumbleweed but I don’t remember, or think, it was default.

• NuXCOM_90Percent@lemmy.zip
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            6 months ago

Yeah. And keep in mind that a lot of the “nvidia issues” are a mix of outdated information and just the general tribalism over ideological differences a lot of (generally newbie…) linux evangelists have against nvidia. It is far from perfect, but it honestly feels no different than any other linux experience: Some stuff is going to just not work and you’ll either spend way too long debugging it or learn to not care. Which… is not dissimilar from windows or mac.

The main gotchas I’ve found is that some applications and games with native versions may depend on x11 specific features. Starsector is a notable example where the easiest solution is to run the launcher once in an x11 desktop and then never care again.

• Audacity9961@feddit.ch
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          6 months ago

Fedora, Red Hat and Ubuntu are Wayland by default, as are Debian and openSUSE Tumbleweed/Leap Gnome.