• Alteon@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

How are they so damn good? Ive got an old '02 Tacoma with 350k miles on it and the original transmission that I still drive around because the damn thing just keeps going.

• Kecessa@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

My mechanic was driving an Audi S4 with the same mileage and original clutch and turbos, so one example doesn’t prove much…

How’s your frame going?

• Alteon@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

Entire thing got replaced for free about 8 years ago. Including full brake lines, rear suspension, and a few other things.

• FireRetardant@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        6 months ago

In my experience, toyota is on the better end for frame rot compared to other makes. Hell jeeps practically left the factory with rotted frames.

• PP_GIRL_@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

how are they so good.

Western production “profit worship” systems are literally incompatible with making good products. Toyota has refused to cave to western pressure of creating plastic, planned-obsolescant quote unquote cars.

• SokathHisEyesOpen@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        6 months ago

Toyota is very much a for-profit business, and even donated money to the Trump campaign in 2016 because of his promises of corporate tax cuts.

• Gbagginsthe3rd@aussie.zone
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          6 months ago

They are also pushing back on EVs to continue their hybrid line. They also lobby Australia to prevent emissions standards.

They have a reputation for reliability. But they still worship profits above all other factors