It really whips the llama’s ass. Post says it all. Foreveralone. Take my upvote. Are we in post-social media yet or what?

• darkfoe@lemmy.serverfail.party
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

And to be honest, I don’t see that as a bad thing. I find the content here is actually worth reading through almost every comment, whereas on Reddit/Digg/Twitter I’d scroll past hundreds at a time because of how low-quality they looked.

• sup@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Yeah I think a bit of a barrier to entry is actually a good thing, in a way. Keeps low quality content to a minimum and the discussions more authentic. At least this is what reddit (or even the Internet, in general) was back in the day.

• Liempong_pagong@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Yes the easiness of registering to reddit have also contributed to it’s dumbing down. People who just follows the trend basically overwhelmed the culture of that site. And i hope the perceived difficulty in using Lemmy acts as an effective barrier to those kind of demographic.

• darkfoe@lemmy.serverfail.party
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Yep exactly. Culture got diluted far too much. Niche subs were/are good for specific interests, but everything else changed so much nowadays