link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        4 years ago

excuse for not being woke

Wow look who just appropriated AAVE. Hypocrite much?

See how fucking ridiculous this gets to be?

Am I supposed to stop listening to black music? Stop going to hip hop dance class? Am I still allowed to watch Chris Rock?

Do i have to quit my jazz band because we are an all white/latino group appropriating black music…?

There is a line to be drawn with cultural appropriation but saying “lit” is not it

And i am someone who most of my hobbies revolve around some form of black culture and not one black person has ever complained about my “wokeness” or whatever the fuck

Sorry I hate to bust out the “wokescolds” term but you guys are literally being a bunch of fucking woke scolds

• LoMeinTenants [any]@hexbear.netOP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          4 years ago

See how fucking ridiculous this gets to be?

Can’t have a struggle session without someone pivoting to ridicule.

Am I supposed to stop listening to black music? Stop going to hip hop dance class? Am I still allowed to watch Chris Rock?

If you have a friend it should be okay.

Do i have to quit my jazz band because we are an all white/latino group appropriating black music…?

If you’re appropriating (your words, not mine) that’s an iffy yellow card.

And i am someone who most of my hobbies revolve around some form of black culture and not one black person has ever complained about my “wokeness” or whatever the fuck

Just because people don’t say something doesn’t mean they don’t harbor the thoughts. How do you think they’d feel seeing you get all worked up about such a benign topic?