I thought it would be a cool idea to do a poll right before the year ends to see what everyone is using

Android Poll

iOS Poll

• TurboDiesel@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

Yep! Sync was one of the easiest app purchases I’ve made in a long time. I spent probably 3 hours a day on average on Reddit, including both business and personal uses. It was well worth the money for something I rely on so heavily.

Though, I’m a bit concerned about Dawson; it seems he’s gone dark.

• Fake4000@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        6 months ago

He’s done that in the past and may do it again.

He is an amazing developer but I can’t help but think that he overworks himself.

• andrew@lemmy.stuart.fun
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          6 months ago

Yeah, honestly I don’t care as much about the app getting more updates as I do hope his mental health is good. But honestly it could just as easily be me projecting my own demotivators on him. He could just be chilling on a beach taking a nice year break.

• JDubbleu@programming.dev
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          6 months ago

I’m not him, and don’t know him, but I can say that I’m the type to make fuck tons of progress on my projects in like a month, and then disappear for a month. For me it’s not burnout or overwork, I just get in the groove and pour everything into my software and then fall out of it for a bit.

I’ve had some users poke me about my Steam Deck plugin recently. I might go back to it eventually, but it feels “done” for now. I’m sure once I get another good idea for it and hit that groove I’ll be back to frequent updates.

Considering he has a history of it I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a similar story. Hope he’s doing well.

• LifeOfChance@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

Same! I’m actually shocked it’s winning the poll. Not because it isn’t awesome I just never see anyone talking about it whereas others are always talked about. It’s such a seamless transaction from reddit.

• mateomaui@reddthat.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    6 months ago

Voyager, with Avelon as backup to find already read hidden posts as Voyager is a bit of a pain for that.

also

• TheGreenGolem@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Lemmy as a whole is a pain for that. It’s one thing when in the feed I read/vote/comment something and I want that hidden from the feed to remove clutter. But when I specifically search for it or browse a community I don’t want those posts hidden. Obviously.

• mateomaui@reddthat.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

Yeah, it’s easy to hide but difficult to show hidden in most apps. That’s why I appreciate Avelon’s “Show Read Posts” option under the 3 dots on the main feed.

• ooo@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

I use Avelon, with Voyager as backup.

I also cannot vote for the same reason.

• clothes@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    6 months ago

Eternity has been perfect for my needs after Liftoff went on break. I can’t vote because of my VPN, though.

Edit: That is, I can’t vote on Strawpoll. Eternity works perfectly!

• gedaliyah@lemmy.worldM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Eternity is just the best. It’s not the most slick looking but it is feature rich and so snappy!

• threelonmusketeers@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      6 months ago

I love Eternity! It’s the only app I’ve found that implements “swipe between posts” the way Joey and Reddit did. It’s super customizable too!

The one feature I wish it had is “get reply notifications” for posts and comments that are not my own, but I’m still interested in. Anyone know of an app with this feature?

• clothes@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

Yeah, it’s a Strawpoll issue, not an Eternity one. For some reason “VPN voting is not allowed”. I could definitely bounce around servers/protocols to find one that works, but I’m not in the mood.

• SolidGrue@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

Voyager app (Droid-ify, IzzyOnDroid) on mobile, and Alexandrite on desktop. Evocative of the kind of experience delivered by apps like Relay and browser extensions like RES, to name two at random from a small sample.

• gedaliyah@lemmy.worldM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

I just found Alexandrite and it is eye-opening! Beautiful and every feature is perfectly intuitive

• Fake4000@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Yeah. I started with jerboa initially then jumped on eternity for some time. Now using voyager.

• Lee Duna@lemmy.nz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

Primarily was Liftoff, but since the dev is busy with IRL. Then I moved to Jerboa as the main app.

• DaCrazyJamez@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

Sync as my daily driver. Connect as my backup.

Summit, jerboa, liftoff, voyager, and boost all get occasional use.