• ashinadash [she/her]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

The confidence you gain from transition is extremely attractive on its own, and that’s before you start doing any potential body modification or anything.

Being trans is sexy bridget-vibe

• queermunist she/her@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    8 months ago

It’s so hard to imagine it from the inside. I got so used to feeling like an ugly freak that I couldn’t imagine it ever being different.

• Cromalin [she/her]@hexbear.netOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      8 months ago

meow-hug

i completely get that, i used to feel the same way. i know me saying this doesn’t change your situation at all, but i felt like that for years, including well into my transition, until one day i just didn’t anymore. and that feeling comes back sometimes, but mostly it’s like a flip was switched and now i like my own body and the way i inhabit it and the world. i hope one day the same happens to you, and to everyone who feels that way

• queermunist she/her@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

Oh! 🤗 I didn’t mean to sound like I still feel that way - a year or so into my transition I realized I didn’t hate myself anymore. A switch being flipped is a good description, or like a bolt of lightning. Just: “Oh! Huh.”

But before I started I absolutely couldn’t imagine it. I just knew I couldn’t keep going the way I had been before, I had no idea I could be happy!

• Zymi [she/her]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    8 months ago

It can take a long time to realize this.

I’ve been on HRT for about 2.5 years now, and I was looking through my old photos both before and after transition.

I was shocked that I thought I was an ugly duckling phase I looked so much more happy and vibrant than my pre transition photos, and how little the things I hyperfocused on mattered. And indeed it turns out I look better when I care about how I look and I’m comfortable in my skin.

Seems obvious now but it’s really easy to get down on one’s self.

• Cromalin [she/her]@hexbear.netOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

yeah, even just a few months in i looked so much better, so much happier than i ever had before. i didn’t realize it at the time, but i did