The unconfirmed allegation is raising concerns that the coffee chain is the latest corporation to cave to far-right attacks on LGBTQ people.

• literally_a_goose@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I understand why a domestic beer company would sympathize with the far right-- that’s pretty much their customer base. But why are companies like Starbucks and Target doing it? Doesn’t seem like a smart financial move.

• 10A@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

If being normal seems far-right to you, then you just might be far-left. The vast majority of normal conservatives, which is everyone from far-right to center-left, do not want sexual immorality constantly shoved down their throats. It’s an extremely tiny percentage of the population who think that’s a good idea. Like any company, 100% of Starbucks’ activity should be to maximize shareholder profit.

• kgtg2@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

According to a Gallup poll 71% of Americans support same sex marriage but don’t let facts get in the way of your bigotry.

• 10A@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

The majority of that 71% thought “homosexuality is a disgusting sin, but A) it’s not the government’s job to enforce that, and B) I’m terrified of appearing homophobic in front of this survey-taker, because the tyrannical Left is likely to cancel me, and I can’t afford to lose my job.”

But saying “Sure, just let the figs get married so we can finally be done with this discussion forever” is extremely different from saying “I love rejecting God’s will! I love pretending I’m not who God made me!” I love pretending God makes mistakes! I love rejecting God’s holy word! I love succumbing to Satan’s temptation, and engaging in repulsive acts that would make any normal Christian want to vomit! And what’s more, I have pride in my evil rejection of God, because I’m basically a minion of Satan and wouldn’t have it any other way! So yes, I want ‘pride decorations’ shoved down my throat everywhere I go, because it reminds me I’m in the presence of pure evil!" Yeah, 71% do not think that way. It’s a tiny contingent of perhaps 0.01% who happen to be young, naive, nihilist, depressed, and plagued by demons.

• 10A@kbin.social
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 year ago

I dunno, might be impossible. But the fear of getting canceled for being homophobic is very real and widespread.

• QHC@kbin.social
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                1 year ago

But the fear of getting canceled for being homophobic is very real and widespread.

[citation needed]

Do you think the opposite is not true? Is it not possible for people to feel pressured to oppose a popularly held view because their particular social circle might cancel them?

• 10A@kbin.social
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  1 year ago

Any citation I could give you — and there are hundreds of thousands out there — would be from a conservative or right-wing source that you’d probably dismiss out-of-hand for being biased.

As for the opposite being true: well I suppose it depends on one’s social circle, but sure in some cases. I mean that basically explains why so many Germans went along with the Nazis, and why today’s Chinese are so apprehensive to speak out against the CCP. I hope we can agree that living in fear of getting canceled is a bad thing.

• Col3814444@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

“Normal” people aren’t bigots who go around saying that companies who dare to acknowledge the basic fact gay or trans people exist in the world, as ‘Sexual immortality getting shoved down our throats’.

It’s hateful religious crap like you are spreading right now that gets shoved down our throats more than anything else, that’s the real bullshit right there.

• 10A@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 year ago

You misunderstand. What I said is not hateful, at all. Of course homosexuals exist, just like thieves, murderers, and practitioners of every other sin exist. Everyone acknowledges that. The issue is whether we repent for our sins and do God’s will, or take pride in our sins and reject God. Pride itself is a sin (and some say it’s the root of all other sins). That makes pride in sin a compound sin. The so-called “pride decorations” in this article are all about pride in sin (specifically the sexual immorality type). While the far-left activists think that’s wonderful, and want to call everyone “hateful” and a “bigot” if we disagree, the truth is I expressed neither hatred nor bigotry. I hope we call all come to Christ, and the first step for many is to eliminate all these repugnant “pride decorations”.

• 10A@kbin.social
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              1 year ago

Spoken like an immature child parroting demons. Repent, and ask that you may be shielded from them. The time will come when it’s too late.

• briellebouquet@kbin.social
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                1 year ago

jesus was actually gay and there’s proof throughout the new testament.

oh damn i forgot, i also received a divine revelation about it. god was pretty chill about the whole thing.

• Technological_Elite@kbin.social
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  1 year ago

Jesus also had long hair, a very feminine trait according to the right!

Also for those of you downvoting the comment above me, I am almost certain that it was a joke. Mine however wasn’t, just adds to the funni

• briellebouquet@kbin.social
                    link
                    fedilink
                    arrow-up
                    ·
                    1 year ago

2 of the downvotes are almost for sure the 2 nazis in the thread. the third is probably just bc it wasn’t funny lmao

• 10A@kbin.social
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              1 year ago

Our Creator is most certainly verifiably real. What’s truly amazing is that you can deny Him, and you can insult me for loving Him, and you can go on behaving like that for years and years, yet He will still love you and He will still be eager to forgive you.

• HaleyHalcyon@kbin.social
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                1 year ago

There definitely is a god, and she just spoke to me that you’re an asshole and you’re going to Tartarus when you die.

• ripcord@kbin.social
                    link
                    fedilink
                    arrow-up
                    ·
                    1 year ago

The only reason you’re Christian (or say that you are) is because your parents are/were. Not because it’s the Truth.

If there was a real Truth like you think there is, we wouldn’t have over a billion Hindus who are also Hindus for no other reason other than THEIR parents were, nearly 2 billion muslims who are muslims for no other reason than THEY are. Etc.

Why should I believe YOUR weird stories are any more real than any of their weird stories? Or believe any of the ancient Greeks who believed to the point of their lives that their weird stories were also true, etc? They all are just as convinced they’re right as you, why shouldn’t I believe them or anyone else instead?

Even within all the modern Christian sects - let alone all the historical ones - you can’t get your stories straight. Why should I believe any one of them over another?

• Helium@kbin.social
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

Who’s more insecure: you, or your antiquated god with all your weird-ass rules you worship?

• AnakinSandlover@kbin.social
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

Can you relax? Having your beliefs is one thing, but equating gay people to thieves and murderers is another. Most people from the time they are born have had their sexual attractions set in stone. Most men are attracted to women and vice versa. It is literally the same way for gay people.

• 10A@kbin.social
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              1 year ago

Stop sexualizing children! There is no “gay gene”. (Follow the science, or don’t you like that idea anymore) Sex is strictly reserved for a grown man and woman who are joined in holy matrimony. Children are not sexual, even slightly, until puberty.

• QHC@kbin.social
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                1 year ago

Nobody mentioned children and sexuality in the same sentence until you did.

• AnakinSandlover@kbin.social
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                1 year ago

Some people start feeling attraction at a very young age. It may not be sexual but the attraction is there. I’m a straight man and I’ve literally found girls to be beautiful for as long as I can remember.

• QHC@kbin.social
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  1 year ago

You were being influenced by social norms long before you were old enough to form memories, and likewise not being aware of societal expectations does not mean it is not happening or does not have an effect.

• Drusas@kbin.social
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  1 year ago

I had my first real crush on a celebrity with sexual feelings associated when I was 8 or 9 years old. I’ve heard similar stories from others first hand. It’s normal.

• Drusas@kbin.social
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                1 year ago

Ignoring the religious elements, this is factually incorrect. Nobody likes to talk about it, but it’s common for pre-pubescent girls to masturbate. George Carlin even had a bit about it!

Now, that’s generally not talked about for good reasons–we don’t want to rile up the pedophiles, and we don’t want to rile up the people who are so aggressively religious that they can’t acknowledge biology. But the fact of the matter is that people don’t become sexual the instant they reach their country’s age of consent or the instant they get married.

There’s nothing wrong with you disliking those facts, but they are what they are.

• QHC@kbin.social
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

God is not real, and even if he was he would be a real asshole that I would have no interest in listening to. Your idea of morality is nonsense and irrelevant, not to mention disgusting. You are a hypocrite, too, rejecting everything that your supposed savior preached.

If Jesus was real, I sure hope he wouldn’t love you.