• OrkneyKomodo@lemmy.sdf.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

Denial of my disability. Also, I mostly require prism correction, so at the right distance I get 8K from a 4K set.

Also, prism correction is kind of weird. Your brain deals with it (unless a lot of correction is required) until you get tired. For me, it’s mostly noticeable late evening (image starts to separate into two) or if I’m staring at my computer monitor for a long time (eye/headache).

• Karlos_Cantana@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Really? I just got glasses a few months ago, and sometimes I get double vision when looking at my phone or computer screen. I wondered why it was only sometimes. Mine aren’t prism’s, though.

• OrkneyKomodo@lemmy.sdf.org
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

There could be other causes of double vision. I only really noticed the double vision in the evenings/nights when staring at things that were a reasonable distance away. The image would start off as one, but then dissociate as I kept looking at it.

• goji@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

Because I’m tired of wearing them by the end of the day, and most of what’s on our household tv I’m not really watching anyway.

Also if I’m messing around on my phone, glasses need to be off b/c distance, and I’m not about to put them on/off every time I switch focus when I’m just trying to relax.

I will wear them if I’m watching something intentionally, though. Like a nature documentary or something with visuals worth appreciating.

• olivier@lemmy.fait.ch
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

Is that really a thing? (I don’t have TV nor contacts nor glasses, so I’m genuinely asking)