• 5714@lemmy.dbzer0.com
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

You’re gonna have that talk anyway, so why don’t do it on your own terms. There’s still options to pursue your romantic aspirations with people, also are you really sure you’re not already sharing the child, given that you perceive the relationship as unromantic?

• 0x4E4F@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          6 months ago

Yes, we are sharing… we just live together… with our son. The difference is, I can be with him whenever I want.

That talk has already been talked. We live together, that’s it. She doesn’t want me seeing anyone, so I don’t. I don’t wanna stir things up, it just leads to quarels, and I really don’t have the nerves for more of that… there has been enough of that, I’m trying to live in piece with my son.

• Sweetpeaches69@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            6 months ago

I was just looking through the comments, and I came across this thread. I just wanted to say I’m sorry for what you’re going through. I hope you find peace and happiness.

• 0x4E4F@sh.itjust.works
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              edit-2
              6 months ago

I am at piece and happy. I get to live with my son without having to share him. That brings me more joy than a divorce and being free of her ever would.

I did actually try and divorce her. He was miserable… so was I. I asked her to get back together again. She knew the reason, but agreed anyway… maybe because she knew it was better that way, for the kid.