I saw this post and wanted to ask the opposite. What are some items that really aren’t worth paying the expensive version for? Preferably more extreme or unexpected examples.

• Drusas@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

Largely have to disagree with you there. The more expensive toys usually last a lot longer with my dogs.

• IgnisAvem@reddthat.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

I agree, I’ve got a large dog and he can demolish cheap toys within hours but the good quality ones will last months

• dutchkimble@lemy.lol
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

What I meant was not cheap toys as an alternative, but random crap like socks or a twig are usually more exciting for my golden retriever instead of some great toys which last a few mins of excitement and then he’s done

• BlueFairyPainter@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Totally depends on the pet then. My cat is not a good predator, so breakage is not a problem, but she’s very picky with what she wants to play with and most new toys can’t keep her interest for longer than 2 weeks, so it’s absolutely a waste of money to spend more. The only toy that she consistently plays with is still a random piece of rope 😅

So the pet’s personality plays a part, but seeing the other comments, I also see a cat vs dog difference.