We may be anonymous strangers on the internet, but we have one thing in common. We may be a world apart, but we’re here together!

Welcome to the 24 hour pledge! I’m pledging myself to not drinking today, and invite you to do the same.

Maybe you’re new to c/stopdrinking and have a hard time deciding what to do next. Maybe you’re like me and feel you need a daily commitment or maybe you’ve been sober for a long time and want to inspire others.

It doesn’t matter if you’re still hung over from a three day bender or been sober for years, if you just woke up or have already completed a sober day. For the next 24 hours, let’s not drink alcohol!

• CheesyGordita@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

Saturdays are always a tough one for me since I’m off work and not much to be responsible for (other than neglected housework, haha).

I will NOT drink with you today!

• Zerlyna@lemmy.worldOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

It’s miserable outside today where I am so I’m binge watching the office and knitting. (And checking lemmy lol)

• CheesyGordita@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

Nice! I’m about ready for another office binge myself. I haven’t seen parks and rec in a while tho so I might do a run thru that first although I prefer the office.

And that’s super cool about knitting! I need another hobby but am intimidated with knitting. I’ve heard crochet is a good way to put a toe into the world. Maybe I will try that, opinions on the two?

• Zerlyna@lemmy.worldOPM
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          6 months ago

It think whichever one you pick, the other one seems daunting! LOL. I use crocheting sometimes to embellish the edges of my knitting. Most people say crocheting is faster but I knit pretty fast. Crochet takes up about 1/3 more yarn I think and is less “drapey” in my opinion. They are completely different so either really works. My stepmom crocheted and she made lots of small things with crochet thread like coasters and artwork whereas I knit mostly scarves and hats.

And I love park and rec too. The Swanson Pyramid of Greatness is the best! But I’m on my 10th round (at least) of the office!

• AquaTofana@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

Happy Saturday!

Stayed up late last night gaming with the husband, and woke up at 1130 hrs, so pretty lazy day. But a coherent lazy day!

Got D&D planned tonight, first game of the year!

IWNDWYT!