• CaptDust@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      6 months ago

“Amounted to nothing”? Did you read the report? There was plenty of evidence that Mueller put forward that should have amounted to a case. The only remaining questions were if Trump was even aware he was being assisted and actively colluding, and if a sitting president could be prosecuted. Mueller decided he had to be impeached and removed before action could be taken, and his cult protected him.

That’s not “all talk”, that’s Republicans putting their own interests over the country.

• Bytemeister@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        Ελληνικά
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        6 months ago

Muller’s report was like… Yo, this guy did some things that definitely could be considered crimes. As an investigator, I referred them to the DoJ, as bringing a case against the president was not part of my mandate.

That then Bill Barr was like… Eh, he’s white and rich and he’s forwarding a christofacist agenda, so I don’t think we need to charge him with anything.

• Ensign_Crab@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

There was plenty of evidence that Mueller put forward that should have amounted to a case.

“Should have” is all we ever deal in.

• ristoril_zip@lemmy.zip
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

People went to jail because of Mueller’s good work. Is that what your mean by “nothing”?

You may have wanted Trump to go to jail or be forced out of office but there was no chance of either of those given that Trump was President.

• zoostation@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

It was profitable, 34 people and 3 companies were indicted, and it substantiated election interference.