• eran_morad@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    6 months ago

We all saw this shit live on TV and out in the open & shit. Blatant violations of the emoluments clause, a fucking insurrection for which which have trump tweets and appearances stoking the traitors, fucking boxes of classified docs in a bathroom at mar-a-fucko, that traitor cunt talking to russian spies in the fucking Oval, seeking rent from a foreign state in exchange for aid, etc.

It’s all out there for anyone who isn’t mentally defective. Not that I wouldn’t care to see Jack Smith’s other shit, but no functional person needs more convincing.

• lennybird@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

It’s a funny thing to ask Trump supporters what would sway their mind.

The answer is usually “nothing.” And that’s all you need to know about a person like that.

• funkless_eck@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        6 months ago

“oh yeah what would make you flip on Biden?”

I already don’t like Biden, he’s already the lesser of two evils.

Literally anything. Literally the guy from Idiocracy. A plank of wood. A used Kleenex. Poop on a stick. Anything but this stupid spiral we’re stuck in.

• lennybird@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          6 months ago

I had 3 preferred candidates over Biden. But alas, logic prevails in recognizing the other side is actively smashing the delicate puzzle which is very easy to do. Biden may not move us forward, but at least he won’t destroy it.

But to these people they think our lack of conviction with Biden and their obsession with Trump is a sign he’s better. Idk…

• HeyJoe@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

I always thought the line would be pedophilia but I’m not even sure that would be enough these days, as disgusting as that sounds.

• lennybird@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          6 months ago

They immediately looked the other way when Trump lied about his association and partying with Epstein. Literally whispering into his ear as they’re obviously eyeing up some women.

• WashedOver@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

One needs to break into their Q feedback loops and disrupt the narrative but even then they still wouldn’t believe it at first unless they were given something else to replace the beliefs with. The reality rabbit hole is really deep.

They are accepting of moving onto to new crazy things that substitutes for leaving behind some of the things that don’t make sense to anyone anymore.

• lennybird@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          6 months ago

The only thing I can think of is redirect their anger:

1. The pressures you feel are real.

2. You’re just being duped on what the sources are.

The problem is that deprogramming requires a lot of individual, heartfelt time that only certain relationships at the family level can reach… Sometimes.

Piercing the echo-chamber is otherwise nearly impossible.

My family flipped over the Bush years. But the circumstances were a bit different.

• fidodo@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Don’t forget he’s on audio tape asking the Georgia secretary of state to throw the election.

• girlfreddy@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

Trump announced in effect, “Let the constitution and democracy burn down,” Gershman said.

That should be on his headstone for all the world to see.