Business As Usual

Caption:

spoiler

A “hypocrisy” type meme with two images:

Top: photo of a military squad, all geared up, standing ready next to an armored vehicle. Caption: “Germany against scientists sitting in protest for climate”

Bottom: photo of a bunch of military personnel playing while wearing clown makeup. Caption: “Germany against farmers wanting to lynch government members because diesel subsidy needs to be cut”

• ogeist@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

At the risk of being downvoted, I will try to explain what is the difference.

The farmers and their union planned and informed the Police about the protests with time in advance. The menure and the demonstrations might not be part of that but I do not know. Germany does respect the right to protest.

On the other hand, the climate protesters did not share their plans with the police and caused some property damage. But more than that they put themselves in danger, as some of them glued their hands.

I’m all in for the climate as well as for the farmers.

• schnokobaer@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

I wonder what is worse

The one that’s over an long-term cause that can be ignored right now rather than wanting money right now!

That one was easy.

• Roflmasterbigpimp@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

The Last Generation does that too, you know? They call ahead and inform Police and Fire department over their actions. They simply don’t wait to be allowed to demonstrate because why would they? The Government simply ignores them and their demands to stop killing us all slowly.

• rex30303@lemmings.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

Where some of the fatmers protests announced yes but by god not all of them. Some town were completly cut of by trucks and tractors without notice. Doctors and Nurses werent able to get to hospitals they in some case didnt let the police trough which is amazong on so many levels to me.

• ogeist@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

Electric tractors are not there yet and they are not free, I’m in for not letting the farmers live in poverty. Inflation and the current state of things is not good for them.