• CaptObvious@literature.cafe
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

I can’t find anything about the history of this “award.” It’s possible that it was created simply so that this novel could be given it. An AI that could genuinely write something good would be a feather in the cap for whoever developed it.

• TheFriar@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

Right? I’ve never read anything written by AI that didn’t read like an 11th grader trying to pad the word count on their paper.

• CaptObvious@literature.cafe
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

Indeed. Current AI reminds me of a former colleague’s complaint about their comp students: They can fill a blue book but never actually say anything.

• lyam23@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

The quality of the writing (if the first few lines are any indication) seems pretty poor to me. Akin to a poorly written YA novel.

• cm0002@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

Could be a result of translation, the article says it was written in Chinese.

Can’t say for sure though, the article stops loading right as it gets to the point where it shows the first 3 lines :/

• Aatube@kbin.melroy.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    3 months ago

Jiangsu is a province of China, which is geographically equivalent to a US state.

The novel was submitted to the competition held by the Jiangsu Science Writers Association. At the October awards ceremony it won a second prize, alongside 17 other stories, meaning it won votes from three of the six judges.