• Justin@lemmy.jlh.name
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

Wayland reduces bugs and standardizes the desktop, and flatpak makes it easier for distros to include apps without going through the process of packaging them.

This post is FUD bullshit, Wayland and Flatpak are making it easier to run an indie distro.

• Sonotsugipaa@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

I’ve been using Wayland for a while, and I’ve seen more bugs with my WMs than in my ~1000 hours of Deep Rock Galactic playtime

• neclimdul@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

Reduces bugs 🤣

Adding 10 bugs to your apps for every bug removed from the display manager

• AlmightySnoo 🐢🇮🇱🇺🇦@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      6 months ago

Wayland reduces bugs

As I have to give a few lectures, I can’t say I’m pleased with how screen-sharing or using a projector in the classroom fails almost half of the time and always embarrasses me in front of everyone. I ended up purging the Wayland stuff and going back to good ol’ i3 and I haven’t had a display-related issue ever since.

X11 works, it may not be as sexy or modern as Wayland but it’s battle-tested and just works and for the vast majority of people, excluding Wayland’s bugs, the differences are not even noticeable.

• Victor@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

This post isn’t bullshit. The title indicates that we should discuss in the comments. 🙂 I’m not OP btw.