• Chemical Wonka
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

Capitalist dystopia in its essence. Fetish for AI and normalization of mass surveillance, after all, AI’s need to be fed, right?

• Chozo@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

If you’re in line at Burger King, your life’s already in kind of a dystopian place as it is. Clearly, several things have gone wrong for you to end up here.

• hubobes@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        6 months ago

No other fast food chain here (we don’t have that many options) has as many vegetarian options, so if I crave a cheap mediocre burger it will probably be Burger King.

• Chemical Wonka
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        6 months ago

I don’t need to be a Burger King consumer (which I’m not) to consider this news a dystopia.

• Critical_Insight@feddit.uk
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        6 months ago

I prefer Burger King over most restaurants.

I’m probably going to order a burger anyways so I don’t see the need to pay extra for a fancy one that I need a knife and fork to eat when I can get just as tasty burger from BK.

• Anemia@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              6 months ago

I think you care food-pleasure just as much as most people. Otherwise why not eat something healthier, faster or cheaper. I like to think that i didn’t use to care much about taste before so for lunch i used to eat 1k kkcal in the form of a unflavoured, unsweetened meal replacement shake, took <5 min to prepare+eat+clean.