Reddit is removing content from the sub again. How do we make this place more popular?

Keep in mind I’m a mod on the subreddit too, so I can sticky stuff there/change automod rules. But I’m not sure what to sticky/change.

• ImOnADiet [he/him]@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

I think you should focus on explaining that lemmygrad (or hexbear) as a whole is where they can be safe like on r/thedeprogram, except they won’t get their accounts banned by admins. I think you should probably explain the application process to make it less intimidating (i.e. you don’t need to give some super complicated answer, one sentence for each question will suffice and the admins are unlikely to reject you unless you outright say “I hate communism” or are a patsoc)

Make a persuasion post in general for why lemmy can be a superior reddit alternative (different sorting algorithms, lack of corporate control and data harvesting, responsive devs who are comrades! Etc.) Point out that you are likely to get high engagement on posts here even with the small comms because the atmosphere is so much friendlier. Are all the other mods from r/thedeprogram here on lemmygrad? I would suggest getting them on board here if you can

Could be annoying, but maybe have the automod respond to any post containing the word “reddit”?

ETA: also, should have mentioned lemmygrad on the rule crackdown post. Another thing, is to let people know that there are actually apps you can use now, and let them know what their names are

• 201dberg@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Pointing out that what happened to Chapo and Genzedong will eventually happen to The Deprogram subreddit as well. It’s just the natural course. Might as well get a head start on it. Also we can speak our minds here. You can’t talk about how awesome it would be to kill all the landlords and capitalists on reddit but here…

• lemmygrad layla@lemmygrad.mlOPM
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Also we can speak our minds here.

We tried to make that point in the crackdown post currently stickied to the subreddit. Will try to boost this message a bit more.

• lemmygrad layla@lemmygrad.mlOPM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Are all the other mods from r/thedeprogram here on lemmygrad? I would suggest getting them on board here if you can

Have tried asking them to join up a couple times, will try again

Could be annoying, but maybe have the automod respond to any post containing the word “reddit”?

It would probably have to be more precise than that but I like the general idea

also, should have mentioned lemmygrad on the rule crackdown post

We did, it’s just buried in the post

Thanks for these suggestions

• ImOnADiet [he/him]@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Another thing, sorry for double commenting, is that you should work with lemmygrad admins to coordinate pushes here. Like if y’all make a post to push people to lemmygrad, try and see if admins will pin a post directly speaking to r/thedeprogram subscribers, something like that

• Comprehensive49@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Post about this (sublemmy?) in the subreddit. I also got permission from Foy to copy over the Deprogram wiki pages they wrote into Lemmygrad.