• CooperHawkes@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    6 months ago

Jeff Winger : I’m saying you’re a football player! It’s in your blood!

Troy Barnes : That’s racist.

Jeff Winger : Your soul!

Troy Barnes : That’s racist.

Jeff Winger : Your eyes?

Troy Barnes : That’s gay?

Jeff Winger : That’s homophobic.

Troy Barnes : That’s black.

Jeff Winger : That’s racist!

Troy Barnes : …Damn!

• teft@startrek.website
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Every scene where someone wrinkles Troy’s brain is great. That man might be the only person who got smarter at Greendale.

• tygerprints@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

I’m still appalled that people say “that’s gay” as an insult and ultimate put down. I know it goes on constantly -we’re still that far from being human to each other.

• Firestorm Druid@lemmy.zip
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        6 months ago

Some of Community’s jokes haven’t aged super well. But that’s rather inoffensive compared to what other shows rolled with back then

• jopepa@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          6 months ago

I’d argue it’s positive to mock that kind of thinking. Especially so considering the time.

link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          5 months ago

It’s super offensive to me, akin to saying black people should all be lynched. Equating something that is dumb with “being gay” is the same as putting men down by equating them with being “female,” as when men call other men “she” as a put down. It’s not just offensive but dangerously mentally ill and absolutely totally disgusting beyond all words.

• Firestorm Druid@lemmy.zip
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                5 months ago

No, it’s very much justified in my books. Who am I to tell you what to find offensive or not? It’s very much subjective at the end of the day. As a queer person myself, I do agree with you that language as a whole should be striving to be as inclusive as possible and using words like “gay” as an insult definitely doesn’t help. Wasn’t insinuating that I find their using it that way ok.

I see people using the r-word as an insult on here quite often, for example, and am always happy to point it out and pick a fight. So no worries. I get you.

link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  5 months ago

I get a little over-passionate about my responses. Sometimes I feel like it’s the only way people actually listen, if they can hear the anger in the words. I totally agree about language being as inclusive as possible, or at least being used in non-offensive ways when possible.

It’s why I keep pointing out when people say “that’s dumb and so gay” or when guys call other guys “she” as a put down. I hate to say it, but it does show that men really think of being a woman as in inferior kind of human being.

I appreciate your thoughtful replies!

• Num10ck@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

i could watch a whole moana style movie like this… and then he finally understands why he crosses the road.

• Swedneck
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

chickens would 100% pick a fight with the asteroid

• nifty@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

I raised a pet rooster from egg, it loved only me and would attack everyone else. I loved that mf.

• CADmonkey@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

I have four of them, they know. Any small animal that gets in their yard has about five seconds to escape before being eaten.