• bstix@feddit.dk
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

A sauna hat is great if you’re bald. Even if or especially if you like a scorching hot sauna.

• sqgl@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

The map doesn’t say you may wear a hat, it says you must wear a hat and otherwise be naked (apart from the diapers or whatever is).

• sqgl@beehaw.org
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          5 months ago

Am talking about Russia and Latvia.

Your Denmark doesn’t have a dresscode according to this. I suppose even a gimp mask would be OK.

• bstix@feddit.dk
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            5 months ago

I doubt that the hat is mandatory in Russia or Latvia, but it makes more sense there, because they run high temperatures.

No, there’s no official dresscode on this in Denmark, however each place usually show their rules on signs. There’s no rule against a gimp mask, but it might conflict with other rules.

The entire chart is actually a bit misleading, because the Finnish sauna is completely different from the German. The way they’re used aren’t comparable.

In Denmark it was first imported from Finland in the 1970s where people built saunas at home. Most of these are gone by now, because it’s a waste of space in a family house if the family don’t use it. The public pools usually have Finnish saunas, but at too low temperature. Wellness places try to make it better with higher temperatures but at the same time they’ve introduced a lot of the German rituals instead of the Finnish. More recently it has become popular to have winter bathing clubs. They usually buy Canadian barrel saunas. So that’s why the danish sauna situation is a cultural clusterfuck.

• sqgl@beehaw.org
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              5 months ago

Thanks. I was just goofing around but that was an interesting read.